Accounting and Administrative Clerk
Little Mountain Neighbourhood House Society (LMNHS), a not-for-profit organization, provides educational, cultural, recreational and social services for different age groups, ethnic specific groups, families, and for the wider community of Little Mountain/Riley Park. LMNHS helps to facilitate the Little Mountain community to actively participate, through self-help, in the development of a healthier community.
The accounting and operations assistant provides a full range of accounting and operational support services in a busy office environment of over 25 FTEs. These services include bookkeeping (accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll), financial reporting, website, server and database administration, and facilities and equipment maintenance.
- Full-time, 35 hours per week
- Reports to the Finance Manager
Accounting and Finance:
- process weekly accounts payable, petty cash reimbursement, accounts receivable, bank deposits, and bank reconciliation.
- Input and reconcile monthly childcare fees; Retrieve the fee from the database and produce annual taxable childcare fee receipts.
- Assist in developing and updating budget according to program needs.
- Assist in reconciling monthly financial record and transactions.
- Assist in developing financial models for presentation and reporting purposes.
- Assist in monthly financial statements and year-end audit.
- Assist in financial reporting to the government bodies and private funders.
Payroll and Benefit Administration:
- Process 3 payroll runs (hourly, salary, Sunset) and ROE as needed.
- Respond to requests from government or other agencies re: payroll information, as needed.
- Provide information to employees on payroll matters, benefits plan details and payroll and benefits collective agreement provisions.
- Maintaining monthly absence records of employees to calculate pay and benefit entitlements including retroactive pay.
- Verify accuracy of pay stubs and distribute pay stubs indicating gross and net salaries/wages and deductions such as taxes, union dues, group insurance and pension plan contributions.
Key Responsibilities/Deliverables: (continued)
Administrative Support Duties:
Performs a variety of administrative support duties including:
- Maintain and trouble shoot computer, photocopier and other office equipment.
- Front Desk Relief .
- Set up and maintain donor’s database list and keep track of charitable receipts.
- Calculate and enter vacation and sick leave data into spreadsheet.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Formal accounting education required.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles.
- 1 to 2 year(s) experience in an accounting or administrative role an asset.
- Intermediate/advanced skill in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting systems an asset.
- Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, effectively, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Exceptional organization and problem solving skills, attention to detail is a must.
- Willingness to take initiative, ability to multi-task, prioritize to meet deadlines, and work effectively under pressure.
- Must have valid BC driver’s license and use of a motor vehicle.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to:
Claudia Cao, Finance Manager
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.