Child and Youth Summer Worker
Nature and Scope of Job Role:
Little Mountain Neighbourhood House Society is seeking 2 Child and Youth Summer Workers (CYSW) for its Child and Youth Team. This is a Canada Summer Jobs-Youth Employment and Skills Strategy position. The CYSW is responsible for assisting the Child and Youth Summer Coordinator in leading programming for 12 children 6-12 yrs in the Riley Park neighbourhood in community programming that focuses on academic, physical, and cultural literacy with targeted STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) learning outcomes that foster a positive environment for children and youth mentors.
This position is $18.00/hr at 35hrs/wk for 8 weeks (Mon‐Fri, 8:45-4:15pm), starting July.5, 2021.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Pursuing a degree or diploma in any of the following areas: Child and Youth Care, Recreation Leadership, Social Work, Health Sciences, Education and/or equivalent work experience.
- Min 1‐2 years of experience working with children and youth.
- Experience with assisting program design, planning, and delivery.
- Experience with assisting and facilitating programs.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with staff team/community partners.
- HIGH FIVE® Principles of Healthy Child Development certification or willingness to obtain.
- Current First aid and CPR certification, Level C.
How to Apply:
LMNH invites applications from underrepresented communities, including communities of colour, Indigenous communities, and LGBTQ2S communities. Please send a cover letter and resume by Friday.May.28th, 2021 to:
Tanya Findlater, Manager of Child and Youth
Little Mountain Neighbourhood House
3981 Main Street, Vancouver, BC, V5V 3P3
*Please note that at criminal record check must be successfully cleared.