Posting date: November 14, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Filled by: strong>TBD
Assists staff to provide support and direct care to children in our various childcare programs working with children ages 3 to 5 years old.
- Works with staff, to assist children with their needs promoting their social, physical, intellectual, creative, and emotional growth.
- Ensure that all safety standards are implemented and maintained.
- Establish and maintain positive daily communication with parents, children, and staff.
- Program plans, prepares and carries out developmentally appropriate programs and activities.
- Conducts activities with children on an individual and group basis to promote the development of all the children’s needs.
- Attends to children’s physical needs.
- Maintains confidentiality, keeps records, and reports problems or concerns to senior staff.
- To follow LMNHS and CDC’s policy, procedures, philosophy and mission statement.
- Keeps program facilities and equipment safe and clean, reporting any repairs and concerns to senior staff.
- A team player, someone punctual, organized, takes initiative, and is fun loving
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Early Childhood Education Certificate required
- Special Needs Certificate an asset
- First Aid Certificate required
- Experience working with children in a child care setting
- Additional language/s, and experience in working in a multicultural environment is an asset.
Remuneration: Starting at $16.37 per hour
Shifts: vary between 7:30 am – 5:00 pm, this positions is on-call as needed
Geraldine Clevette – Child Care Manager
3981 Main Street
Vancouver, BC V5V 3P3
SORRY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
We are an equal opportunity employer.
This position requires Union membership CUPE local 1936.