Little Mountain Riley Park Neighbourhood Food Network (NFN)
We are a city-wide grassroots network of people, organizations, and agencies collaborating on food security initiatives. Locally, our Little Mountain Riley Park (LM-RP) Neighbourhood Food Network (NFN) is working with community members, businesses, and organizations to ensure that all our residents have access to healthy food.
Covid-19: "AT CAPACITY - contact email@example.com to be added to the waitlist".
Riley Park Community Garden
The community garden must comply with Covid protocols from our health authorities. The protocols are subject to change. Please contact us or visit our Riley Park Community Garden website for more information.
The garden is a community space tackling food insecurity while enhancing community engagement. We are building social cohesion and supporting neighborhood organizations and community members with the food grown in our garden. Join us as we share in growing, harvesting, sharing recipes. Come sign up for our newsletter at www.rileyparkgarden.org and visit our events page.
Feeding Our Community
We are seeing an increase in the level of food insecurity in our community. More families, seniors, and individuals are in need of veggies and food support. At LMNH and with the support of our funding partners, we are addressing the needs through various programs. We are serving families who receive food bank contributions, families, and seniors who have identified a need; and our LMNH program participants.
The LMNH food distribution program does not ensure that all program participants/ community members will receive a weekly food box. The program is designed to increase healthy food access and provide an equitable distribution of food as a community response to COVID19.
Funding is secured to offer cooking programs exploring seasonal produce to make cost-effective, budget-conscious healthy meals and take home a food basket. Let us know your ideas to provide healthy food and hampers for those in our community who are food insecure.
A project to connect seniors (55+) in the community to resources and activities. For more information, see the Resource Card and the Program and Activities Brochure.
Our Food Support Programs
- Growing in our Garden and Yards: In our Community Garden and Backyards we are growing food, and the harvested vegetables are included in the Veggie Bags.
- Harvest Matchmaking: Includes providing Veggie Bags with produce harvested in our local gardens, by our urban farmers, and through our partnerships with the Farmers Market. We aim to shorten the food mile and provide the most healthy vegetables we can grow.
- Being a Food Bank Community Partner: LMNH partnership with the Greater Vancouver Food Bank allows us to provide more food support and meals.
- Funding from the United Way Local Love Food Hub for the LMNH "Meal Bound" food distribution program and the New Horizons for Seniors programs will increase access to healthy and nutritious food to vulnerable clients.
- Receiving Farmers Market Donations: The 2nd Saturday each month is the Farmers Market Donation Station at Riley Park. Shoppers donate $$’s and produce; farmers donate produce at the end of the market day. We spend the donated $$’s to buy produce from the farmers.
- Food Asset Map: The city-wide food asset map includes information on food distribution and food delivery. Help us to keep the map up to date.
If you know of someone who may need fresh produce or if you want to volunteer to make deliveries or assemble produce bags, please contact Jessica Ye at firstname.lastname@example.org