Posting Date: August 14, 2020
Closing Date: August 24, 2020
Start Date: September 1, 2020
End Date: March 31, 2021
Little Mountain Neighbourhood House Society (LMNHS) is an integral part of the Little Mountain/Riley Park for the past 40 years, providing free or low cost social support programs for seniors, adults, families, children, and youth. Rooted in "social justice" values, we facilitate social connectedness and target our programs to the whole community. LMNHS provides social, educational, cultural and recreational programs and initiatives that strengthen neighbourhood life for a diverse group of community members.
This IT Support Worker position provides digital literacy training to clients and support to program staff during delivery of online classes and workshops. The IT support Worker would support clients on how to use information and communication technologies to find, evaluate, create, and communicate information. This is a part time position for 7 hours per week. The rate of pay is $21.00/hour. This position is from September 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021.
This position reports to the Settlement Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide digital literacy training to clients
- Provide program support to staff for the delivery on on-line workshops and classes
- Help LINC teachers as they integrate a blended model of language learning
- Help students as they learn how to manage both in-class and on-line learning
- Provide one-one support with clients to find and understand digital content, create digital content and communicate and share it.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Experience working with immigrant & refugee newcomers
- Post-Secondary degree in Computer technology or combination of education and relevant work experience in related field
- Good Verbal skills
- Cross cultural understanding and awareness of other cultural groups
- Energetic, creative and has a team-based focus
Salary: $21 per hour
Please send a cover letter and resume quoting IT Support Worker to: Susan Schachter, Settlement Services Manager
Thank you to all who apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.