Date Posted: May 3, 2019
Closing Date: May 24, 2019
Positions to Filll: 5
The Summer Camp Staff assists and supports our Child Care workers & provides direct care to children ages 6-12 years old. If you love to work with school age children, have fun, are creative, & prefer to be outside during the summer, we would love to meet you.
- Works with staff, to assist children with their needs promoting their social, physical, intellectual, creative, and emotional growth.
- Ensure that all safety standards are implemented and maintained.
- Establish and maintain positive daily communication with parents, children, and staff.
- Program plans, prepares and carries out developmentally appropriate programs and activities.
- Conducts activities with children on an individual and group basis to promote the development of all the children’s needs.
- Maintains confidentiality, keeps records, and reports problems or concerns to senior staff.
- To follow LMNHS and LMOSC’s policy, procedures, philosophy and mission statement.
- Keeps program facilities and equipment safe and clean, reporting any repairs or concerns to senior staff.
- Make snack/breakfast.
- Supervise children keeping them safe.
- Can Close up the centre/room.
- Report all hazards to coordinators and the rest of the team.
- Report all observations regarding the children, program or any problems or issues to the Coordinators.
- Have fun!
- A team player, someone punctual, organized, takes initiative, and is fun loving.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Minimum age 19 years required.
- Youth between the ages of 19 to 30 required.
- School Age Certificate, High-Five training or Work experience with school age, an asset.
- First Aid/CPR Certificate required.
- Class 5 or 4 drivers license an asset.
- Completion of a clear Criminal Record Check by the Criminal Records Review Act. Required.
- Character/Work references.
- Experience working with children in a child care setting.
- Additional language/s, and experience in working in a multicultural environment is an asset.
- Creative Initiative and a sense of humor.
Remuneration: $15.99 per hour
Hours: 35 hrs per week in July and August 2019.
Shifts: Monday - Fridays 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM (in rotation). Position could be extended into our regular school year (Sept – June) if positions are available (2 to 19 hrs per week , during school year).
Apply to: Geraldine Clevette
Manager Child Care
3981 Main Street
Vancouver, BC V5V 3P3
SORRY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
We are an equal opportunity employer.