Settlement Services and Seniors Manager
Little Mountain Neighbourhood House is seeking a Manager, Settlement Services Program to fill a permanent full time position.
Little Mountain Neighbourhood House vision is to connect, engage and empower community members to create a vibrant, inclusive and caring neighbourhood. We achieve this by developing and facilitating social, educational, cultural and recreational programs and initiatives that strengthen neighbourhood life for a diverse group of community members.
The individual holding the Manager position is responsible for effective and efficient delivery and administration of the Settlement and Seniors Department. Qualified applicants must possess strong leadership and communications skills, both oral and written, and be able to work in a busy, multicultural environment. As a manager, you are able to manage the day to day operations of the programs in collaboration with your teams. You are experienced in managing contracts from various funders and can monitor financial expenditures in conjunction with the Finance Department. You are able to prepare and write proposals and other grant applications.
The individual must have sound knowledge of settlement related resources and is able to lead and support staff. The position must ensure that staff deliver quality programs and services that are client based, outcome driven, responsive to participants’ needs, funders and other stakeholders. This position is part of the agency’s senior management team and reports directly to the Executive Director.
Key Management Responsibilities
Program Planning, Development and Delivery
- Provide leadership to settlement and seniors programs to plan, organize, and implement program delivery
- Participate in development of new programs to meet community needs
Financial and Human Resource Management
- Draft multiple program annual budgets, and oversee program expenditures
- Contribute to the overall management of the House including: policy development, human resource development, resource development and strategic planning; and, other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Oversee the overall human resources of programs
- Build and maintain effective networks/relationships with other relevant service providers, community partners and funders
- Design outcome and evaluation measurement tools to ensure effective evaluation of program outcomes
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Excellent written skills specifically in proposal writing
- Degree in Social Sciences or equivalent education and experience
- Strong background in leadership of staff and volunteers
- Experience in developing, managing and monitoring budgets
- Minimum 3-5 years’ supervisory experience in community setting
- Knowledge and experience in community development and community engagement
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the settlement sector
- Demonstrate effective and efficient organizational skills
- Experience in working in unionized environment
Salary commensurate upon experience with benefit package after probation period.
Please forward a cover letter and resume by March 1, 2022 to:
Joel Bronstein, Executive Director
Please ensure that Manager, Settlement Services is the subject line of your email.
Thank you for your interest in Little Mountain Neighbourhood House. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Little Mountain Neighbourhood House is an Equal Opportunity Employer