Posting Date: November 14, 2018
Closing Date: Until suitable candidate is found
Starting Date: December 3, 2018
Assists staff to provide support and direct care to children in our Before and After School Care programs working with children ages 6 to 12 years old. If you love to work with school age children we would love to meet you.
- Works with staff, to assist children with their needs promoting their social, physical, intellectual, creative, and emotional growth.
- Ensure that all safety standards are implemented and maintained.
- Establish and maintain positive daily communication with parents, children, and staff.
- Program plans, prepares and carries out developmentally appropriate programs and activities.
- Conducts activities with children on an individual and group basis to promote the development of all the children’s needs.
- Attends to children’s physical needs.
- Maintains confidentiality, keeps records, and reports problems or concerns to senior staff.
- To follow LMNHS and Out of school care policy, procedures, philosophy and mission statement.
- Keeps program facilities and equipment safe and clean, reporting any repairs or concerns to senior staff.
- A team player, someone punctual, organized, takes initiative, and is fun loving.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Minimum age 19 years Required
- School Age Certificate or Work experience with school age an asset.
- High Five Certificate an asset.
- First Aid Certificate Required
- Class 4 drivers license an asset.
- Completion of a clear Criminal Record Check by the Criminal Records Review Act. Required.
- Character/Work references.
- Experience working with children in a child care setting.
- Additional language/s, and experience in working in a multicultural environment is an asset.
- Creative Initiative and a sense of humor.
Remuneration: $15.60 per hour
Hours: Your shifts could be scheduled between Mondays - Friday 7:00 am – 9:30 am, and 2:00 pm-6 pm
Substitutes are ongoing.
Hours depend on subs availability and need of the programs (on call)
Hours could be more than 2-3 hrs a shift due to vacation/sick leave, professional days, and spring/summer break coverage.
Geraldine Clevette - Child Care Coordinator
3981 Main Street
Vancouver, BC V5V 3P3
SORRY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
We are an equal opportunity employer