Posting Date: November 14, 2018
Closing Date: Until suitable candidate is found
Starting Date: December 3, 2018
Works with a team to support and direct the supervision of children ages 6 to 12 years old. If you love to work with school age children we would love to meet you.
- Supervises children, and staff of the program and reports back to the OSC Coordinator
- Works directly with the OSC Coordinator to develop the program
- Helps the OSC Coordinator with the program (food, supplies, and materials) shopping
- Ensure that all safety standards are implemented and maintained.
- Establish and maintain positive daily communication with parents, children, and staff
- When the OSC Coordinator is away for more than 2 weeks they will step in and oversee his/her duties while they are away. Working directly with the Child Care Manager during this time
- Maintains confidentiality, keeps records, and reports problems or concerns to Child Care Manager
- To follow LMNHS and OSC’s policy, procedures, philosophy and mission statement.
- Maintains/develops a toy/supply list, and lets the OSC Coordinator know what needs to be replaced, replenished, or bought. They may also under the approval of the OSC Coordinator help with shopping/purchasing these items
- Maintains the programs space, and toys and equipment
- Meets with the OSC Coordinator weekly to discuss the programs
- Collect parent fees, and hands them into the OSC Coordinator
- Maintains child staff ratio and complies with licensing regulations
- Attends and participates in staff meetings/workshops/and team building retreats
- Implements and takes part in program surveys
- Contributes in completing child surveys
- Reports any safety hazards to the OSC Coordinator and the rest of the team
- Works as a team player
- Minimum age 19 years required
- School Age Certificate or Work experience with school age an asset
- First Aid Certificate required
- Class 4 drivers license an asset
- Completion of a clear Criminal Record Check by the Criminal Records Review Act. Required
- Character/Work references.
- Experience working with children in a child care setting
- Additional language/s, and experience in working in a multicultural environment is an asset.
- Creative Initiative and a sense of humor.
Remuneration: $16.90 per hour
Hours: 3 hrs – 15 hrs per week Mondays to Fridays (hours could increase) due to vacation/sick leave, professional days, and spring/summer break coverage.
Geraldine Clevette - Child Care Manager
3981 Main Street
Vancouver, BC V5V 3P3
SORRY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
We are an equal opportunity employer