Settlement Services Supervisor
This position will coordinate, oversee and ensure the smooth functioning of the day to day operation of the Immigration Refugee Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Settlement and Community Connections programs as well as the BCSIS program. It will supervise and support the team members by providing leadership and ensuring that the staff and programs work towards achieving the organizational goals, objectives and the mission, vision and philosophy of LMNHS.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Program Delivery Coordination
Oversee the day to day operation of the settlement and community connections program funded by IRCC and BCSIS by ensuring that program standards are met
- Train, orient, supervise and evaluate the community connections and settlement department staff
- Recommend program policies and procedures and evaluate the effectiveness and adherence; provide guidance to staff regarding interpretation of relevant policies and procedures
- Keep up to date with immigration trends and policy changes that can impact the work of settlement workers
- Help establish guidelines and processes for all aspects of the program and make recommendations in respect to program changes, gaps in programming/services and new program development
Provide leadership and ensuring effective functioning of the team and activities and services within the department.
- Convene team meetings to plan, develop, improve and evaluate programs and services
- Provide case consultation support in response to client issues and concerns
- Identify and respond to emerging program issues.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of program activities in conjunction with staff and management to ensure programming meets clients’ needs
Reports and Statistics:
Identify and manage program statistical targets, outputs, outcomes are met in accordance with contracts and staffs’ work plan goals including the evaluation of the overall effectiveness of the program activities.
- Monitor staff to ensure compliance and quality control with reporting
- Ensure that all required administration, including statistical and narrative reports are completed accurately within the required time frame
- Write/complete IRCC and BCSIS monthly/quarterly and yearly narrative reports.
- Ensure accuracy of care reporting.
- Assist and provide input in grant writing
- Liaise with community service providers and other professionals to coordinate service provision and represent the organization or program in external events
- Represent the settlement department on internal committees, as needed
- Authorize timesheets.
- Attend interagency/networking meetings as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Recognized University degree and 3 years related experience including one year supervisory experience and/or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Strong skills and experience in providing effective supervision and mentoring of staff, team building and evaluation of staff and programs.
- Knowledge of community development principles in settlement and community programs.
- Strong communication skills and sensitivity to ethno-cultural programming and multicultural issues.
- Demonstrated ability to use judgment to interpret and apply policies and procedures consistently.
- Good time management, administrative, organizations skills, attention to detail and follow through
- Excellent interpersonal skills in both verbal and written English and proficiency in a second language an asset.
- Good leadership skills.
Start Date: ASAP
This is a non-union position.
Please send a cover letter and resume quoting Settlement Supervisor in the subject line to:
Susan Schachter, Settlement Services Manager
Thank you to all who apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted