Posting Date: April 25, 2019
Closing Date: May 21, 2019
Starting Date: June 17, 2019
Little Mountain Neighbourhood House Society (LMNHS) is an integral part of the Little Mountain/Riley Park for the past 40 years, providing free or low cost social support programs for seniors, adults, families, children, and youth. Rooted in "social justice" values, we facilitate social connectedness and target our programs to the whole community. LMNHS provides social, educational, cultural and recreational programs and initiatives that strengthen neighbourhood life for a diverse group of community members.
Little Mountain Neighbourhood House Society is seeking a Summer Camp Program Coordinator (SCPC) for its Child and Youth Department. This is a Service Canada – Summer Student position. The person hired must be a full time student and must be returning to full time school in September. This position works collaboratively within the child and youth team to provide exceptional summer programming opportunities. The SCPC is responsible for supervising 2 program leaders and developing programming for 25 children 6-12 yrs in the Riley Park neighbourhood in community programming that focuses on academic, physical, and cultural literacy with targeted STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) learning outcomes that foster a positive environment for children and youth mentors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Pursuing a degree or diploma in any of the following areas: Child and Youth Care, Recreation Leadership, Human Kinetics, Community Development, Social Work, Health Sciences, Education, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Min 1-2 years of experience working with children and youth.
- Experience with program design, planning, and delivery.
- Experience with leading and facilitating programs.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with staff team/community partners.
- HIGH FIVE® Principles of Healthy Child Development certification or willingness to obtain.
- Current first aid and CPR certification or willingness to obtain.
Hours: 40hrs/wk for 10 weeks (Mon-Fri, 8:30 AM-4:30 PM)
Please send a cover letter and resume quoting Summer Camp Program Coordinator to:
Tanya Findlater - Manager of Child and Youth
Thank you for your interest in Little Mountain Neighbourhood House. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Little Mountain Neighbourhood House is an Equal Opportunity Employer.