Posting Date: July 22, 2019
Closing Date: Until suitable candidate is found
Starting Date: August 26, 2019
Works with a team to support and direct the supervision of children ages 6 to 12 years old. They will establish and maintain positive communication. The TWOSC Coordinator promotes children’s social, physical, intellectual, creative, cultural, and emotional growth and development. If you love to work with school age children we would love to meet you.
- Supervises children, and staff of the program and reports back to the MOSC Coordinator.
- Works directly with the TWOSC Coordinator to develop the program.
- Helps the TWOSC Coordinator with the program (food, supplies, and materials) shopping.
- Ensure that all safety standards are implemented and maintained.
- Establish and maintain positive daily communication with parents, children, and staff.
- When the TWOSC Coordinator is away for more than 2 weeks they will step in and oversee his/her duties while they are away. Working directly with the Child Care Manager during this time.
- Maintains confidentiality, keeps records, and reports problems or concerns to Child Care Manager.
- To follow LMNHS and TWOSC’s policy, procedures, philosophy and mission statement.
- Maintains/develops a toy/supply list, and lets the TWOSC Coordinator know what needs to be replaced, replenished, or bought. They may also under the approval of the TWOSC Coordinator help with shopping/purchasing these items.
- Maintains the programs space, and toys and equipment.
- Meets with the TWOSC Coordinator weekly to discuss the programs.
- Collect parent fees, and hands them into the TWOSC Coordinator.
- Maintains child staff ratio and complies with licensing regulations.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings/workshops/and team building retreats.
- Implements and takes part in program surveys.
- Contributes in completing child surveys.
- Reports any safety hazards to the TWOSC Coordinator and the rest of the team.
- Works as a team player.
- Minimum age 19 years. Required.
- School Age Certificate or Work experience with school age an asset.
- First Aid Certificate Required.
- Class 4 drivers license an asset.
- Completion of a clear Criminal Record Check by the Criminal Records Review Act. Required.
- Character/Work references.
- Experience working with children in a child care setting.
- Additional language/s, and experience in working in a multicultural environment is an asset.
- Creative Initiative and a sense of humor.
Remuneration: $18.30 per hour, plus full benefits after a successful 6 months probationary period Benefits include; 100% Employer paid MSP, Extended Health/Dental benefits with Pacific blue cross. Plus; pro-rated vacation leave, and sick days.
Hours: 25 hours per week (split shifts) Mondays to Fridays (hours could increase to 35 hours per week)
Apply to: Geraldine Clevette - Child Care Manager
Address: 3981 Main Street
Vancouver, BC V5V 3P3
SORRY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
We are an equal opportunity employer