Little Mountain Neighbourhood House Society Board of Directors
Are you passionate about community? Do you seek to make a difference in the life of Vancouver? Little Mountain Neighbourhood House is seeking candidates for its board of directors. LMNH is a neighbourhood-based organization at 24th Avenue and Main Street in Vancouver. With 23 program locations, we provide a wide array of programs to thousands of people in all their diversity. Our diverse 12 member board guides our established award-winning organization and provides leadership support to our 100+ FT and PT staff members. Meetings are held 10 times a year (currently the last Monday evening of the month). Board work in our organization provides a great opportunity for personal growth and skills development, and for making a meaningful contribution to your community.
- Committed to the work of LMNH.
- Knowledgeable and skilled (or willing to learn) in areas of board governance, non-profits, finance, human resources, information technology, advocacy, or fund development.
- Attendance at monthly board meetings.
- Committee work with at least one standing or ad hoc committee.
- Support of special events.
- Promote LMNH in the community.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge or interest in learning about LMNH and the neighbourhood house movement.
Please contact Executive Director, Joel Bronstein. To find out more, call: 604.879.7104 and/or send your CV, with cover letter, why you want to join the board to: email@example.com.
The Nomination Committee will screen prospective board applicant(s) in advance of the June AGM.